wow, just realised what i long time i haven’t actually blogged. past few months have been quite trying; job wise not so smooth sailing due to the current weakness in oil price, hence jobs have been far and few. (in fact, only once to the Middle East, but that didn’t turn out too well either) Hope things get better in the 4Q. Otherwise, income will be taking a pretty big hit for 2016
So let me see, what have i been doing for the past few months?
- tidied up up excel portfolio, currently trying to streamline. excel sheet is getting too messy.
- still contemplating if I should move my shares from CDP to SCB? (basically, to take advantage of the 0.18% comms. but the sucky thing is there is a 10.70 per counter for transferring in. still in discussion if can get SCB to waive that bloody charge)
- divestment on my counters that ran up
- divested some CPFIS UT that i bought during my early working years
- took up rights issue
- bought some bonds
- due to restricted cashflow, could not invest in more counters than i wanted
- read up on couple of books while at work/travel/nua-ing
- renewed my term life policy
- set up a tiny family portfolio, with contributions from interested family member
- identified a few potential 3 or 4-rm HDB resale
since it was my birthday month;
- treated myself to a Synology NAS.
- transferred $24,000 from OA to SA (in anticipation for my 55th birthday when i retire)
Dividends YTD: $18,088( cash+SRS) not too shabby, but also nothing to shout about either. unlikely to have much improvement from last year, since most of the companies i am vested in have cut their dividend payout. still a long way from my immediate target of $36,000 p.a.
Total (stocks): $423,599.38
portfolio is in the red due to the O&G counters i am vested in
Total (CPF+SRS): $253,846.53
growing slowly but surely.
last but not least, thanks for Rolf for your kind advice =)